This how to document is for Kareo users and to help reconcile mismatched data from NPAWorks and Kareo. Note, matched data is based on the Date of Service, CPT code, and Modifiers of claim line services.
Some common instances where data might be mismatched include:
- Updates made to claims in NPAWorks but not made in Kareo or vice versa.
- Examples of this might be submitting a corrected claim with a CPT code that was updated in Kareo but not in NPAWorks;
- Releasing and regenerating a claim in NPAWorks but not pushing the newly generated claim to Kareo while voiding the original.
Two NPAWorks flexible reports can help identify any mismatched data, which can then be corrected in the appropriate software. These reports is as follows.
- The Mismatched Charges – NPA flex report will show services are present in NPAWorks without a corresponding one in Kareo.
- The Mismatched Charges – Kareo flex report will show services that are present in Kareo but without a corresponding one in NPAWorks.
Now, let’s move forward with using the reports.
- Beginning in your NPAWorks, click on the flexible reporting button located on the top tool bar.
- Expand the Billing category from the Report Name list located on the left of the screen.
- From here, choose either the Mismatched Charges – NPA or the Mismatched Charges – Kareo.
- With the desired report selected, set the parameters of the report.
- Start Date – Enter the start date of the date range. This will be the beginning date that the report will review mismatched data for. Note, the default is set to the 1st day of current calendar month.
- End Date – Enter the end date of the date range. This will be the last date that the report will review mismatched data for. Note, this default is set to today’s date.
- Office – Select the office(s) you would like to run the report for. Note, this parameter is defaulted to ALL.
- Funding Source – Choose the Funding Source(s) you would like to run the report for. Note, this parameter is defaulted to ALL.
- Clients – Select the client(s) you would like to run the report for. Note, this parameter is defaulted to ALL.
- Once your parameters are set, click on the Run button.
- The results of your chosen report will be displayed. Please note, if there are no mismatched claim data, you’ll see the message that there were no results.