This document is to show the user how to utilize Credential Effective Dates. We will review setting up Credential Effective Dates in the Funding Source record, as well as, what to expect when reviewing Staff Records, Scheduling, and the Scheduling Genie.
The key benefits to using Credential Effective dates are as follows:
- To give the user the option to indicate when funding source service credential requirements are in effect.
- Allow changes to credential requirements regardless of whether or not appointments exist for the service being updated. Please note, appropriate validation warnings will be displayed.
- Provide validation warnings when changes to a staff member’s qualifications may affect existing appointments.
- In scheduling, when validating appointments based on new funding source requirements or changed staff qualifications, validations will bypass any appointments that are already rendered.
- To begin, start within a Funding Source record and click on the Services tab.
- Next, select the Service you wish to add or edit a Credential Effective Date for.
- Then select the Credential that needs to be added or edited.
- Once you have selected if the credential “Requires Filing” and/or is the “Primary Credential”, then you will see two columns named Start Date and End Date. These are the Credential Effective Dates.
Please keep the following in mind while entering a Credential Effective Date.
- A blank start date means all unrendered appointments up until the effective end date will be validated. Likewise, a blank effective start date means all unrendered appointments on and after the effective start date will be validated.
- If both start and end date are blank, all unrendered appointments will be validated.
- The warning will distinguish rendered appointments from unrendered with the explanation that rendered appointments may not be billable, while unrendered appointments will get validation warnings and will not be render-able until the staff’s qualifications are fixed or until a new staff member is assigned to the appointment.
- Click on OK to proceed to save and close the record.
- Or click on Cancel to review the credential.
Next, let’s review Credential requirements and Staff records.
Moving on to the Scheduling component of Credential Effective dates.
- Validate/save already created rendered and/or unrendered appointments, after removing the required credentials for that service on a staff member’s record.
- Attempt to validate/save rendered and/or unrendered appointments using a staff member that does not meet the credentials requirement for the service beforehand.