Utilize the Main Screen Search & Sort Functions in NPAWorks with the UI Refresh
This document will instruct the user how to use the search, sort, group, and filter tools on the main screen of NPAWorks.
- NPAWorks’ homepage now has advanced tools which can be accessed by right-clicking on any of the grid’s column headers:Sort Section
- Sort Ascending – Sort column in ascending order (smallest to largest)
- Sort Descending – Sort column in descending order (largest to smallest)
Group By Section
- Group By This Column – Group rows based on the selected column’s values
- Show Group by Box – Show/Hide the “Group By Box” to group rows using multiple columns – see Step 2 for details.
- Hide This Column – Hide the selected column
- Column Chooser – Show/Hide the “Column Chooser Box” to add/remove multiple columns from the main screen view – see Step 3 for details.
- Best Fit – Resize the selected column’s width to best fit the values inside.
- Best Fit (all columns) – Resize all displayed columns’ width to best fit the values inside.
- Show Find Panel – Show/Hide the Find Panel – see step 4 for details
- Show Auto Filter Row – Show/Hide the Auto Filter feature – see step 5 for details.
Note: All search/sort/filter functions in this document will be reset to their default state once another view is opened, or NPAWorks is closed.
- The Group By Box:
- The “Group By Box” option allows users to group by the specified column(s). To group, simply drag a column header into the highlighted area or select the option in the right-click options. Users can group by more than one column.
- In this example, the main screen rows will first be grouped by the Funding Source column.
- The rows are now grouped at the top level by Funding Source.
- Within each grouping, the rows will then be grouped by the Status column.
- Within each funding source group, there is a now a sub-level of rows grouped by Status.
- Right-clicking in the Group By Box area will allow you to:
- Full Expand – expand all levels of grouping
- Full Collapse – collapse all levels of grouping
- Clear Grouping – clear the grouping levels
- Hide Group By Box – hide the Group By Box section
Note: Any groupings made this feature will be cleared once another view is selected or NPAWorks is closed.
- The Column Chooser Box:
- Columns can be dragged into the highlighted box titled “Customization” to hide them from view, or from the box back into the main screen, in any column order. In this example, the Funding Source and Status columns are being hidden from view.
- Columns can be re-ordered by clicking and dragging a column header to another position.
- The Column Chooser box can be closed by clicking the “X” button.
Note: Any changes applied to the main screen’s grid, such as using the Column Chooser Box or re-ordering columns, will only apply to the current view, and will be reset to the default display if another view is accessed or NPAWorks is closed.
- The Find Panel:
- The Find Panel will allow a user to search for any rows that contain text matching what is entered in this search bar.
- Clicking the “Find” button will search the main screen for matches, and matching cells will be highlighted in yellow.
- The “Clear” button will remove the text entered in the search bar.
- A log of recent searches is stored in a dropdown list which is accessed by clicking on the button to the right of the search bar with a down arrow label.
- The Find Panel can be closed by clicking the “X” button to the left of the search bar.
Note: Search settings will be cleared after clicking “X” or accessing another view.
- The Auto Filter Row:
- Clicking on the highlighted column button with the label “abc” in the Auto Filter row will allow a user to select on the following filters
- The highlighted box is where a user can enter text to compare and filter the main page entries.
- Clear Filter – This option will clear whatever filter has been applied on the selected column.
- Equals – Will return any entries in the column that exactly matches the text entered in box b.
- Does Not Equal – Will return any entries that do not exactly match the text entered in box b.
- Contains – Will return any entries that contain the text entered in box b.
- Does Not Contain – Will return any entries that do not contain the text entered in box b.
- Is like – Will search character-by-character for matches, with the ability to use the “%” symbol to represent all characters.
- Inputting “T%XT” would return matches for “TEXT”, “TAXT”, “TUXT”, etc. Inputting “%TEXT%” would return matches for “TEXT”, “TEXTxx”, “123TEXT123”, etc.
- Is Not Like – Works similarly to “Is Like”, but will return entries that do not match the characters entered, including the “%” symbol.
- Begins With – Will return any entry that begins with the text entered in box b. In this example, the screenshot shows entries that are displayed when filtering for DOB’s that begin with the number 4.
- Ends With – Will return any entry that ends with the text entered in box b.
- Is Greater Than – Will return any entry whose value is “greater” than that of the text entered in box b. In the case of alphabetical text, a letter’s value increases from A to Z.
- Is Greater Than or Equal To – Will return any entry whose value is greater than or equal to that of the text entered in box b.
- Is Less Than – Will return any entry whose value is “less” than that of the text entered in box b.
- Is Less Than or Equal To – Will return any entry whose value is less than or equal to that of the text entered in box b.
Note: Any filters applied to a view using the Auto-Filter function will be reset once another view is opened or NPAWorks is closed.