This feature allows users to capture a separate signature confirming the services for the month on the last page of the PVR rather than displaying the guardian/parent verification signature of the last appointment.
Enable End of Month Signature(s):
- On the left side menu of NPAWorks, click “Funding Source” under the correct Agency so that the Funding Source list is showing.
- Select the Funding Source record to be edited. To Edit the selected Funding Source record, double click on the Funding Source or hit “Enter” on the keyboard to open the record.
- On the General Tab of the record, click the Enable End of Month Signature box and select a start date using the drop down calendar to enable this feature. Click Save & Close to save and close the record.
Collecting Signatures in NPAGo:
- Once enabled, a Monthly Verification button will appear on the NPAGo appointment screens. NOTE: This button will only appear if the End of Month Signature has been enabled at the Funding Source record.
- Click on the Monthly Verification button to capture the Monthly Guardian Signature. The Monthly Guardian Signature window will appear. In this window, the Guardian can use a finger or stylus to sign acknowledging all appointments rendered in the month. There is also the option to ‘Clear’ the signature and re-sign. Click Save when finished.
- If the signature has been obtained, it will be displayed as Signature Obtained with the date, time, and GPS location of when the signature was collected and the Monthly Verification button will disappear. There is also the option to Remove and Edit the signature.
- The Monthly Verification button will appear on all appointments.
- If a client is seen by more than one therapist, the signature captured as the Monthly Signature will be visible on the other therapist’s appointments with this client. A note will be displayed showing the name of the therapist who captured the monthly signature.
- To update any information on the Monthly Guardian Signature, on the General Tab of the appointment click on the Edit button. The Monthly Guardian Signature window will appear. Make necessary updates and click Save to save changes.
- In the event the signature has not been obtained by the last appointment of the month, the Monthly Verification button will turn red, as will the field name Month Guardian Signature.
- If the signature has previously been collected, but a more recent one is needed, prior to the last appointment day of the month, the user will be notified.
For example: if Monthly Guardian Signature was obtained earlier in the month and today’s appointment is not the last appointment of the month, the therapist will receive the message below.
- If the signature has previously been collected, but a more recent one is needed, on the last appointment day of the month, the messaging will indicate this to the user. For example: if the Monthly Guardian Signature was obtained earlier in the month, on the actual last appointment of the month the therapist will receive the message below in red.
Generating the PVR:
- The last page of the PVR will be modified automatically to display the End of Month Signature.
- Monthly Verifications will allows the user to see all missing End of Month Signatures on one screen.
- Click on the Monthly Verifications button on the NPAGo calendar page.
- The missing End of Month signatures will be displayed. By default, the Monthly Verifications will only list the prior month’s signatures.
- To view the current month’s missing signatures select the Include Current Month Note, these appointments will be displayed if there are completed appointments for the current month that are pending an End of Month Signature.
- To obtain a missing End of Month signature click on the GET button.
- This will lead to the Monthly Guardian Signature. Returning to step number five, the Guardian can use a finger or stylus to sign their name acknowledging all appointments rendered in the month. There is also the option to ‘Clear’ the signature and re-sign. Click Save when finished.