To resolve error message “Application Cannot Be Started” when attempting to run NPAWorks, the user must locate and delete the 2.0 Folder from the computer. In order to delete this folder and re-download a new copy, will require the require the user to follow this path, this PC\Local Disk (C:)\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
Listed below is a step by step visual on how to delete this data folder.
- Open a new folder, click This PC and locate the Local Disk (C:) Double-click the Local Disk to view all folders on this drive.
- Find the View option at the top of the window. Click View to see more folder options.
- A drop down menu will appear. Check the Hidden items box. This will make all protected contents visible.
- Double-click the Users folder to view all those that operate that particular computer.
- Double-click that particular user’s folder who is experiencing this problem on the computer.
*Note: In some circumstances, the 2.0 Folder may need to be deleted on all user folders.
- Double-click the AppData folder to proceed to the next window.
- Double-click the Local folder.
- Double-click the Apps folder, this is where the 2.0 folder is housed.
- Inside the Apps folder you now see the 2.0 data folder. Highlight the folder then press the Delete key. Folder will now disappear and when you run NPAWorks again, it will download a new copy.
*Note: In some circumstances, the computer Anti-Virus program must be temporarily disabled, then delete the 2.0 Folder. Run NPAWorks, login then re-enable the anti-virus program again.