This document is to instruct the user on how to prepare a form to be uploaded in NPAForms. Please note, editable forms must be created and saved with Adobe Acrobat Pro (5.0 or earlier) in order to use this feature. Also, there is a nominal fee associated with NPAForms. Please contact your Support Account Manager if you would like to use NPAForms.
- To start, open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro. First, we need to make the form editable. If the Form is already editable when it opens, proceed to Step 5.
- Select the Prepare Form button on the right side of the screen.
- Select which fields you want editable
- Select the Text Box icon in the toolbar located at the top of the form.
- Drag to create text boxes for all fields you want to be editable.
- Please note the text boxes will appear in NPAForms in the order they were created.
- Enter the name you want the field to show up as in the “Field Name” box.
Now you will need to save your document with Acrobat 5.0 or later. This how-to will show you two options on how to do this.
- Your first option is to use the “Optimized PDF screen.”
- Start by selecting “File” in the top toolbar
- Go to “Save as Other”
- Select “Optimized PDF…”
- The “PDF Optimizer” Screen will be displayed
- In the “Make compatible with” field located on the right of the screen, select “Acrobat 5.0 and later” or “Acrobat 4.0 and later.”
- Click “Ok” in the bottom right of the screen to save your changes.
- The second option for saving your PDF with Acrobat 5.0 and later is to reduce the size of the PDF.
- Start by clicking on “File” in the top toolbar
- Go To “Save as Other”
- Select “Reduced Size PDF…”
- The “Reduce File Size” window will be displayed
- In the “Make compatible with:” field, make sure “Acrobat 5.0 and later” or “Acrobat 4.0 and later” is selected.
- Click “Ok” to save your changes.
- Your PDF is now ready to be uploaded into NPAForms. If you have any questions about how to use NPAForms, please refer to our NPAForms How-to.