This document will show the user how to create a Parent Portal user account. Please note, parent portal users will access their client’s schedule via NPAGo. If you would like to use the Parent Portal feature, please contact your Support Account Manager to have it enabled.
The user account is created by a Parent Portal user from the Client Contacts page in NPAWorks. From there the parent record is created on the backend and an email will be sent to the parent user to create their account.
- Beginning on the main screen of NPAWorks,
- Click on Clients on the left hand side of the screen.
- Then select the client’s name you’d like to create a Parent Portal user for.
- To enter the record, either hit enter after highlighting the name or double click on the client’s name.
- With the client record open,
- Click on the Add a New Contact to the client’s contacts.
- Note, if the contact has already been added to the client’s contacts list, please skip to Step 6.
- From the Contacts window,
- If you are entering a new contact, click on the Add button.
- If it’s a contact already exists, skip to step 5.
- The Edit Contact window will be displayed. Here you can enter the client’s contact information. At minimum, the parent portal user will need the following entered.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Once this information is entered, click the OK button.
- With the contact’s name highlighted on the Contacts window, click OK to select the contact and to enter on the client’s record.
- Once the contact has been added to the client’s contacts list,
- Select the contact name
- Set Relationship to Client type as “Parent/Guardian”.
- This will activate the Parent Portal Access selection box to be displayed.
- If you would like to give the user access to the Parent Portal feature, select this option.
- When the Parent Portal Access checkbox is selected a message will display explaining that an email will be sent to the user in order to set up their account.
- To proceed, click on the OK button.
- If you do not want to proceed, click on the Cancel button.
- Once the client record is saved then an email with instructions on how to set up their account will be sent to the Parent Portal user.
- When the user follows the link,
- They will be prompted to enter a password of their choosing, as long as it meets our security requirements.
- After the user has entered their password, they will need to click on the Reset button to set their password.
The Parent Portal user account has now been set up. They can now view their client’s schedule via NPAGo. Please note, users that are logging in for the first time will need to complete a licensing agreement. This is a onetime requirement.
For further information about Parent Portal users using NPAGo, please refer to our Using Parent Portal document in our Knowledge Base.